myriad of the mundane

11.23.2006

i made rick steves' coffee this week. it was an odd experience and brings up a funny story.
when i was first coming up here to visit sara when we were dating and i still lived in denver we were bumming around downtown edmonds and happened to drive by rick's travel shop on the way out of downtown. i hadn't seen one of them before so i commented on it and sara casually remarked that he lived in edmonds. my jaw literally dropped. i don't think i'd have reacted more comically if you'd said brad pitt lived down the block from you. i was stunned. part of this is the fact i watched WAY too much PBS as a kid (part of my inquisitive nature) and as a result i loved watching rick's travel shows. it was a window into another world.
just reminds me, folks, that life is short so enjoy thanksgiving the way you want. i'll talk to you all tomorrow or the next day.
that is all.

1 Comments:

  • Well...it indeed was another interesting din din at the MIL. She forgot to put the turkey breasts on...so we ate really late. Bad din din...bad! I drank enough beer to be the life of the party though. No lamp shades...at least I don't think so...but it felt good to laugh. Now I know that I wouldn't be a mean drunk. I tossed one back for you and Sara...it was fab!

    By Blogger sumo, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home