myriad of the mundane

4.06.2006

i've now been laughing at this comment for way too long because i totally appreciate it and am a super nerd:

Is there a sanitary place to have sex in a lab?

This really never comes up, probably because labs are continually staffed with bleary-eyed graduate students spinning cells at odd hours. Hypothetically? Plenty of places are kept clean, but you’ll likely contaminate someone’s experiments if you arrange yourself on the bench. It’s a squeeze, but you might try the autoclave. There’s nowhere cleaner, and it brings new meaning to “steamy.”

3 Comments:

  • Autoclave always makes me think of smiting things and cloving them in two.. is that how it's said? I'm confused, I don't know. Man, labs are full of scary stuff.. could they really ever be called sanitary?

    By Blogger Maja, at 11:23 PM  

  • I can't imagine someone wanting to do 'it' in a lab anyway. I guess I lack imagination. I'd be concerned with the monitor cameras and such. And you can't convince me that the labs aren't watching students because of potential explosions...and bad behavior...ha! They have their insurance to consider. Or the professor might nut up and they'd want that on tape to prove their non-complicity.

    By Blogger sumo, at 1:45 AM  

  • i think it's cleaving, maja, but i always think of it the same way. and that's really what it does to cells of those difficult spore forming bacteria as well as anything else, cleaves them asunder.
    and sumo, i'd bet on some horny student taping the lab proceedings just hoping for such an occurence. but i wouldn't want to innoculate myself with a lab bug, either, so i'd avoid the lab setting, too, and just go outside. smells better there anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home