myriad of the mundane

12.19.2006

it's been one crazy few months for weather, as i'm sure you're all aware. there are parts of the puget sound area that will be without power until christmas, at the very least. we were without for maybe 12 hours over the two days we were pounded with high winds. it's crazy the amount of damage heavy air can bring into the area. 1.5 million people were without power at some point, i think the figure goes, out of something like 3.5 million in the area. and they say weather isn't getting worse!
record rains, 1/3 of the population without electricity and ice so bad i wished i had speed skates to make it to work in. crazy weather. just crazy.
how's everyone? i'll be about to look for you all in a while here.
that's it for now because i need my 4 hours before my day starts again in the morning.
out.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry about the troubles there...I remember well out in the country in NE Washington what that was like. Bummer! I haven't talked to my parents since this started so I don't know if they are effected north of Spokane or not. I hope they are okay. My father got a generator years ago because of this sort of thing. Out in the country they are on a well system...and if the electricity goes so does the toilet. So the generator at least helps that way. Too bad for those guys on Mt. Hood. I have flown over it (or by it) and it is very daunting to see. You guys take care and stay warm.

    By Blogger sumo, at 2:39 AM  

  • dont you love washington? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home