myriad of the mundane

7.26.2006

do you ever feel like you'll never stop being in transition?
i've been in washington for over a year and yet i still refer to both colorado and here as home. it feels wierd to talk about colorado without saying home. it's where i was born and grew up. but then this is my new home. i guess maybe having my very own place soon will help me feel like i've really fully set down roots here. even so, i can't help but wonder if this happens to more people than just me.
i feel like i'm in limbo, in some ways, just waiting for some catalytic event to clearly define home and former home. it just hasn't come yet. it's a lot like my views on religion right now. i've left my former spiritual home and it almost feels like i'm waiting for some epiphany to come and begin my new faith.
i just hate not knowing what i'm about. i hate not knowing in general, it's one of my most powerful pet peaves. i need to know the answer to it all.
i do know one thing,
that is all.

3 Comments:

  • I may be in Washington soon. My parents live between Spokane and Canada...closer to Canada. My mom is having the possibility of cancer checked out...if she has to have surgery...I'll get out and dust off my broomstick and boogie on over there. I'm an only child...so you know what that means. If I go I'll think of you guys over in Seattle. I usually have to lay-over in Seattle a few hours between broomsticks anyway. So while there I'll just have good thoughts of Mystery and his Sara.

    By Blogger sumo, at 1:28 AM  

  • no i have never felt i am NOT in transition. i feel like i am always in transition and somehow find hope and comfort in that. Isn't it great not to be left behind not to be yesterday's bread?
    It means you are alive.

    By Blogger x, at 3:23 AM  

  • sumo, let me know! i'll try to come down to see you! i did that with micah when he shipped out.

    chloe, it does mean i'm alive but i haven't really gotten to feel like this place is a waypoint. it's just a place right now. i feel like i'm living but not in the way i had hoped. i haven't really set down roots in here. if that makes any sense i'm glad of it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home