myriad of the mundane

7.11.2005

so i just reminded myself of a moment that embarassed me. ready? this one is even better than my zipper story. if you'd like it i'll let you have it but you'll have to ask nicely. but this one is funnier.
alright so this happened a couple of years ago. two and a half ago or so to be more exact. sara arrived in town to be my prom date. yes, that's right, i had the best prom ever because my date flew in from a city 1500 miles away. so neener neener. anywho i had wisely pulled up directions to her aunts house where she was staying and directions to the events center where prom was to be held and drove that whole route with my dad the day before. this was a huge thing for me because i don't believe in thinking ahead. so the night arrives. i cooked up a picknic. it comprised soda, this great honey-soy sauce-sesame oil chicken recipe i love, brownies (one of her weaknesses which i didn't know before this date), a great salad with mandarin oranges, candied almonds and a whole lot of other ingredients that are far less notable. we hiked up a mesa close to my house and had our picknic as the sun went down. i know, aww factor was stupendous, lol.
we go to prom. kiss. i try to get her to dance for the entire time but she refuses with stubborness i should have noted before it got around to my savings habits...then we left.
downtown anywhere is hard to get around in but you can imaging my embarassment when i got lost in my hometown's downtown streets. this wouldn't be so bad if it didn't go so long. we left at just past midnight and got to where she was staying at 2am. this place is half and hour away. i was driving in circles for almost two hours. granted i figured out where EVERY street down there was but there are better ways.
that is all.

4 Comments:

  • And I didn't even know you were lost, haha. You must remember, I didn't know how far away it should have been. Plus, I was happy just to spend the extra time with you. That isn't an embarrassing moment.

    By Blogger Sara, at 11:11 PM  

  • I think it's cute.

    By Blogger sumo, at 12:24 AM  

  • sumo, it might be but i was embarassed. i mean, i drove around the same 6 block radius or so for over an hour before i figured it out. after that i'm a master of Denver street navigation, though. i can figure out which direction i'm going and how far i am from my destination. it's great. now i've got to figure out Seattle and it makes way less sense to me. oh well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • sometimes i do try, babe. i find it funny that she didn't comment. sara was looking out the window a lot but she never thought to mention that that victorian house on the corner looked exactly like the one we passed a half-hour ago. moral of the story is sometimes i get lucky and people don't notice how little i actually know about what's going on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home